Previous call notes. Next call October 10 (2nd Thursday of even months) at 15:00 UTC.
- Baden Appleyard
- Herb Lainchbury
- Tom Lee
- Mike Linksvayer (chair)
- Kent Mewhort
- Peter Murray-Rust
##Open Definition 1.2
- Name (OD, not OKD), copyedit done; no comments during call, on-list welcome
- Will CC BY/BY-SA be compliant? If not, feedback to them and/or on definition
- ACTION: HL to post snippets of CC4 for discussion as required
- ACTION: ML see if there is scope/people to raise at CC summit
- ML does not have page cleanup discussed ready for deep storage, if move to October
##Outstanding review of existing licenses
- Alberta and British Columbia
- Detailed discussion deferred to October, as some from AB and BC who wish to participate are on vacation.
- ACTION: KM to review OD for whether concerns about complex and uncertain exemptions should be addressed directly
- ACTION: HL to send draft letter for Calgary to the list and if there are no objections within a week then he will send to Calgary
- DD at Wikimania; deferred to October
- Open Game License
- Proposed on-list, discuss
- Feeling outside of OD expertise, perhaps scope. We will probably not address OGL unless additional case made to do so on-list.
- ACTION: ML to say above on-thread
- UK Parliament, HK mentioned on-list, not formally proposed
- HK clearly non-conformant, but will discuss how to provide useful feedback next call
- BA pointed out http://www.ags.gov.au/pal/ to be discussed in future
- HL - we are about ½ way through adding the conformant licenses to the repository
- ML proposed that HL, ML, RP and KM get together separately (or as a topic of next regular call) to discuss overlaps and synergies between Kent’s license project and the repo that we’re creating on github.
- ACTION: ML to put on agenda for next regular call; if others wish to have discussion before then, propose datetime…
##New OD AC members
- Leigh Dodds, Kent Mewhort joining, welcome
- ACTION: ML to add to site, send welcome mail to list, will also mention below
- Follow up on potential members from unrepresented areas, concrete suggestions wanted, to be raised again next call